Hoosier Southern Railroad provides service 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to handle the rail needs of our customers, connecting carriers and the Tell City River Port. Our dedicated employees take pride in providing the best customer-focused rail service. Each employee is a part of a team that looks for new and innovative ways to provide excellence in rail service, competitive rates, with safety as a top priority. The HOS has been recognized annually with numerous safety awards for our exemplary performance.
- 22 miles of rail operated in Perry and Spencer counties
- Operations are Monday through Friday between the City of Cannelton, IN, Perry County, to Lincoln City, IN, Spencer County
- HOS interchanges in Lincoln City with Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- We are equipped to handle 286,000 rail cars
- Team tracks are available in Tell City, Troy, and Lamar, IN
- HOS owns two GP-15’s, eight Gondolas, four Open Top Hopper rail cars
- Our railway serves the auto, sand and chemical industries